Skip to main content

Vintage Haul Overload!

This post is going to be heavy on the pictures since I've been updating my Instagram account Hot Tramp! Vintage pretty much every day and I've been neglecting my blog :/ Oops!  My three job rotation hasn't been working out so well on the down time front :) Any who, these are some things I've recently purchased and I would very much like to share :)


Assorted Vintage Lingerie Collection :)

1950's Nude Pinup Model Playing Cards 

1930'/1940's Beaded Wrap, Tassel Necklace
1950's  Lace Bra


1950's Grey Cotton Knit, Rhinestone embellished dress
1960's "Warner's" Bustier, Available in my Etsy Shop

1950's Silk Taffeta dress by "Grace Taylor Originals"
Purchased at my favorite vintage shop "Revolver"

1950's Sheer Green, Floral dress
Purchased from Glamourland Vintage

Lately, my obsession with collecting has hit a fever pitch.  As cheesy as this sounds, I was watching an episode of "American Pickers" and one man they visited was asked why he collects what he does.  He said, " Perhaps to fill the void in my heart" (I'm paraphrasing a bit, but you get the point).  I've thought a lot about that and maybe it's true for me, but what I do know is, is that it gives me so much happiness :) End the cheesy times ;)












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wear Whatever the Hell You Want

I don't know about you, but I feel like everyday should be a day to dress-up, wear weird things, or just be a different style version of yourself. My style is not fluid by any means.  I wear what I want and there's usually never any rhyme or reason.  I go through spurts where I will wear nothing but Black for weeks on end, or I'll wear the most ostentatious vintage blouse or dress. Weird looks and stares are usually waiting outside the door, but as Mae West said, "It's better to be looked over than over-looked". Or at least, that's my motto. Lately, I've decided that if I want to wear a 1950's bathing suit out and about, I'm going to. I don't live near any lakes or pools, but it's nice to pretend like you do :) 1950's Bathing Suit w/ a 1960's Bed Jacket I'm quite a big fan of Vintage Bed Jackets and it's one of the many things I hoard (collect).  I found this GORGEOUS & PRISTINE Deadstock Bed Jacket from "

The One Phrase That Makes Me Cringe & How We Can Change It...

"I love vintage clothing, but I don't know when I'd wear it" Whenever someone makes that comment to me, my heart breaks a little.  The answer is that you can ALWAYS find a time & place to wear vintage!  The key is to have CONFIDENCE when you wear something outside of your comfort zone! Even if you're not confident, FAKE IT! Pretend you're playing a role until that confidence becomes the truth! I grew up wearing things, not necessarily vintage, that always caused people to talk, sneer or poke fun at me.  That's was people do when they don't understand you or, let's face it, life in general. Well guess what? That's NOT your problem! If they don't like it, great! They don't have to wear it! That leaves more amazing clothing for you! Photo by Kelsey Jenson Photography One of my favorite things about wearing vintage is that I can incorporate those pieces into my newer outfits! Whenever I buy clothing, new or old, I always as

The Never Ending List of Collection Additions...

Here we are yet again with the latest addition to my Burlesque Costume Collection 😊 I can't help myself.. I really can't.... I could but I don't want to... Just LOOK at the detailing.... the faux Pearls, Silver sequins, Lurex, Sea Beads! I really believe that these are pieces of art especially because they're handmade!  You can really tell when something is extravagantly made when the sheer weight of it makes you go "Uffda!". I will never get over the pure beauty of these pieces because they really show you the personality of the artist wearing them. The 1960's really brought the "A" game when it came to burlesque attire. 1960's set includes arm bands, belt & bra via TiffLittleFingers on Etsy The waterfalls of beading on the bra really get me going! I often wonder how many backbreaking hours it took to make this whole piece. The dedication & vision is truly amazing! I normally don't make many fashio