Skip to main content

Closet Tour: Part One

When my boyfriend and I started looking for a house this past Summer,we both agreed we needed a house that could accommodate all of my collections.  The house we chose was built in 1927 and has every little quirk that makes older homes so damn charming! 
The upstairs (where my closet is) transports you to the 70's with these black spindles separating the little loft area with an equally kitschy rock garden basket handing over the railings. If you walk down the long, wood paneled upstairs hallway you'll find a little (and I mean little) pantry like door where my closet is located.
It used to be a little girls room that looks over the front yard, so naturally I'd take it over for myself 😊
The first picture is the little area where I store all of my lingerie collection new & old. In part two, I'll go into more detail about the IKEA dresser I use to store them! I like to this of this little area as an altar of sorts where I keep my little knick knacks and things that inspire me.



This bottom picture is what you see when walking into the closet. We just moved in, in August so we are still shifting and moving things around. The previous owner ripped out all of the flooring so I'm left with the floor base until we can afford to find new flooring. Hidden behind my Coral Chiffon robe in the corner is a built-in wall dresser that I use for random things of no importance.
I have to say that at night, when I enter the room, I see the outline of my mannequin & headdress and have a mini panic attack every time.  



Below is a 1940's dresser I purchased when I first moved out of my parent's home at age 18. It was one of my first bigger purchases living on my own, so it will always have a special place in my heart 💗
This is by far one of my most unorganized places in my closet, but sometimes there's beauty in the madness or in my case mess.



This little corner is a work in progress. The framed picture of Bettie Page I bought when I was in Junior High. There's an Antique Mall in Moorhead, MN that I would always get these glossy photos from and this was one I RELISHED! It was my first introduction to her & fetish. 
The two pink, plastic figures are bits from my "Campus Cuties by Marx Toys" collection. I prefer the pink ones, but the majority of my collection are the off white kind.
The risque dice tray is part of another collection I've been accumulating of Naughty Games. I seriously think I have a collection for everything 😜
The little cards & notes are from sellers I've purchased things from.  I LOVE how there are Etsy & Ebay sellers that send little personalized notes and gifts. It means SO MUCH to buyers.


My Part Two of the room tour will hopefully be posted sometime next week, but I've been getting VERY distracted lately by the warmer Winter weather we've been getting here in Fargo! I am trying to get better and more consistent 😉



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wear Whatever the Hell You Want

I don't know about you, but I feel like everyday should be a day to dress-up, wear weird things, or just be a different style version of yourself. My style is not fluid by any means.  I wear what I want and there's usually never any rhyme or reason.  I go through spurts where I will wear nothing but Black for weeks on end, or I'll wear the most ostentatious vintage blouse or dress. Weird looks and stares are usually waiting outside the door, but as Mae West said, "It's better to be looked over than over-looked". Or at least, that's my motto. Lately, I've decided that if I want to wear a 1950's bathing suit out and about, I'm going to. I don't live near any lakes or pools, but it's nice to pretend like you do :) 1950's Bathing Suit w/ a 1960's Bed Jacket I'm quite a big fan of Vintage Bed Jackets and it's one of the many things I hoard (collect).  I found this GORGEOUS & PRISTINE Deadstock Bed Jacket from "

The One Phrase That Makes Me Cringe & How We Can Change It...

"I love vintage clothing, but I don't know when I'd wear it" Whenever someone makes that comment to me, my heart breaks a little.  The answer is that you can ALWAYS find a time & place to wear vintage!  The key is to have CONFIDENCE when you wear something outside of your comfort zone! Even if you're not confident, FAKE IT! Pretend you're playing a role until that confidence becomes the truth! I grew up wearing things, not necessarily vintage, that always caused people to talk, sneer or poke fun at me.  That's was people do when they don't understand you or, let's face it, life in general. Well guess what? That's NOT your problem! If they don't like it, great! They don't have to wear it! That leaves more amazing clothing for you! Photo by Kelsey Jenson Photography One of my favorite things about wearing vintage is that I can incorporate those pieces into my newer outfits! Whenever I buy clothing, new or old, I always as

The Never Ending List of Collection Additions...

Here we are yet again with the latest addition to my Burlesque Costume Collection 😊 I can't help myself.. I really can't.... I could but I don't want to... Just LOOK at the detailing.... the faux Pearls, Silver sequins, Lurex, Sea Beads! I really believe that these are pieces of art especially because they're handmade!  You can really tell when something is extravagantly made when the sheer weight of it makes you go "Uffda!". I will never get over the pure beauty of these pieces because they really show you the personality of the artist wearing them. The 1960's really brought the "A" game when it came to burlesque attire. 1960's set includes arm bands, belt & bra via TiffLittleFingers on Etsy The waterfalls of beading on the bra really get me going! I often wonder how many backbreaking hours it took to make this whole piece. The dedication & vision is truly amazing! I normally don't make many fashio