Skip to main content

Lady Marlene For the Win

My love and passion for the world that is "Vintage Lingerie" has hit full steam.  This past week, my boyfriend and I were evacuated from our apartment for a collapsed pipe, which led our apartment management to tear up our concrete floors throughout 30 feet from our kitchen to our storage room.... real fun amirite?!
 Any who, I felt the need to justify a recent purchase of an early 1950's Dead-stock with tags "Lady Marlene" over wire bra that I CANNOT afford, especially after this apartment debacle. This was the PERFECT excuse since I was inches away from losing my damn mind!

Again, let's take a moment to fully appreciate this.....that has now become my chosen phrase :) The pure craftsmanship and construction of this pieces is ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY, FUCKING AMAZING!! Pardon my language, but SERIOUSLY! We don't give enough credit to these pieces for making the way for lingerie that doesn't aim to please a man, but to please the person wearing it!

While my boyfriend was snapping me into this, he couldn't understand why women would do this to themselves! The indentations of your back from the clasps, the constriction of breath and the sheer discomfort! My point exactly.  Men like him just do not understand :) Let's face it, this is NOT comfortable by any means! I meant to wear this out to work party, but sadly I knew deep down that I would probably pass out after half an hour and, in all honestly, I was really hungry so I wanted to eat LOTS of food :)  
The one thing I believe all of us women who admire and love these pieces can agree on is that it immediately straightens your posture (something that my Grandma would appreciate, in my case) and it just gives you that immediate air of confidence! As anyone can tell, I'm a HUGE advocate for these and I BEG YOU to do yourself a favor and buy one whether it's vintage or not! They are worth the investment, monetarily and mentally!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Never Ending List of Collection Additions...

Here we are yet again with the latest addition to my Burlesque Costume Collection 😊 I can't help myself.. I really can't.... I could but I don't want to... Just LOOK at the detailing.... the faux Pearls, Silver sequins, Lurex, Sea Beads! I really believe that these are pieces of art especially because they're handmade!  You can really tell when something is extravagantly made when the sheer weight of it makes you go "Uffda!". I will never get over the pure beauty of these pieces because they really show you the personality of the artist wearing them. The 1960's really brought the "A" game when it came to burlesque attire. 1960's set includes arm bands, belt & bra via TiffLittleFingers on Etsy The waterfalls of beading on the bra really get me going! I often wonder how many backbreaking hours it took to make this whole piece. The dedication & vision is truly amazing! I normally don't make many fashio

The One Phrase That Makes Me Cringe & How We Can Change It...

"I love vintage clothing, but I don't know when I'd wear it" Whenever someone makes that comment to me, my heart breaks a little.  The answer is that you can ALWAYS find a time & place to wear vintage!  The key is to have CONFIDENCE when you wear something outside of your comfort zone! Even if you're not confident, FAKE IT! Pretend you're playing a role until that confidence becomes the truth! I grew up wearing things, not necessarily vintage, that always caused people to talk, sneer or poke fun at me.  That's was people do when they don't understand you or, let's face it, life in general. Well guess what? That's NOT your problem! If they don't like it, great! They don't have to wear it! That leaves more amazing clothing for you! Photo by Kelsey Jenson Photography One of my favorite things about wearing vintage is that I can incorporate those pieces into my newer outfits! Whenever I buy clothing, new or old, I always as

A Few of My Favorite Things

I've had some fun lately going through my closet and finding pieces I've completely forgotten about because they get lost in my numerous racks of clothing 😆 This 1940's Cotton blouse below is from my FAVORITE vintage store in my home city of Fargo, ND called Revolver.  I've been shopping there since Middle School & I'm NEVER disappointed.  The owner Lucy was AMAZING and let me go through her backroom where she pulled this beauty with matching skirt.  Let's just take a moment to fully appreciate these buttons......I mean SERIOUSLY! The attention to detail and stunning construction makes this one of my favorites!  1940's Chartreuse Button Up via Revolver Fargo (also on Etsy) First off, let me preface this by saying I have an unhealthy obsession with vintage rhinestones and when that comes to life in the form of a tiara..... well I die.  This is one of the simpler ones that I own, but more practical for everyday wear... at least for me 😁 The dr