Skip to main content

The Chartreuse Obsession: Monday Edition

I don't know about you, but on Monday's, I need a little bit of extra inspiration to get me going in the mornings.  My life is in perpetual chaos, as of lately, due to the never-ending maintenance work being done on my apartment. Let me repeat APARTMENT! Seriously...  if this were a house it would be well worth it, but I live in an apartment, so instead of throwing money at something that will increase in value, I'm throwing money at a home where there's no return on it! I'm in full belief that my landlords order loads of maintenance for fun to piss us off....

Anyways, as I was saying :)  This particular Monday morning I wanted to go back to the one thing that never lets me down: Chartreuse. I collect a lot of chartreuse piece from decor, clothing, fabric, etc. but this dress is my HOLY GRAIL OF ALL CHARTREUSE EVERYTHING! I was randomly searching online, many moons ago, when I came across this dress.


Dress: Off Broadway Vintage on Etsy!
Lipstick: Kat Von D Everlasting Lipstick in "Requiem"






Since I take photos by myself without a tripod, I wasn't able to photograph the bottom of this dress, but it has a lovely circle stick, quilted pattern much like the bust area.  It's a thick, sturdy cotton that FEELS well-constructed and well worth any price! When I ran a local clothing boutique, I was featured in a style profile where I was photographed in this dress and it took on a personality of  its own! They matched the background of the paper with my dress! How cool is that?  This is one piece that I will hold on to forever! Again, things are not made with this degree of construction anymore! At least not for an affordable price :)

I also spent time reorganizing my Heywood Wakefield China Cabinet that I showcase the majority of my Chartreuse pottery pieces.


This little seated Genie is actually a Salt Shaker that is just missing its Genie's Lamp counterpart! I found this at a little basement antique shop and I DIED! It's as if the Chartreuse Gods were looking down upon me! Now excuse me while I go geek out of these some more :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Never Ending List of Collection Additions...

Here we are yet again with the latest addition to my Burlesque Costume Collection 😊 I can't help myself.. I really can't.... I could but I don't want to... Just LOOK at the detailing.... the faux Pearls, Silver sequins, Lurex, Sea Beads! I really believe that these are pieces of art especially because they're handmade!  You can really tell when something is extravagantly made when the sheer weight of it makes you go "Uffda!". I will never get over the pure beauty of these pieces because they really show you the personality of the artist wearing them. The 1960's really brought the "A" game when it came to burlesque attire. 1960's set includes arm bands, belt & bra via TiffLittleFingers on Etsy The waterfalls of beading on the bra really get me going! I often wonder how many backbreaking hours it took to make this whole piece. The dedication & vision is truly amazing! I normally don't make many fashio

The One Phrase That Makes Me Cringe & How We Can Change It...

"I love vintage clothing, but I don't know when I'd wear it" Whenever someone makes that comment to me, my heart breaks a little.  The answer is that you can ALWAYS find a time & place to wear vintage!  The key is to have CONFIDENCE when you wear something outside of your comfort zone! Even if you're not confident, FAKE IT! Pretend you're playing a role until that confidence becomes the truth! I grew up wearing things, not necessarily vintage, that always caused people to talk, sneer or poke fun at me.  That's was people do when they don't understand you or, let's face it, life in general. Well guess what? That's NOT your problem! If they don't like it, great! They don't have to wear it! That leaves more amazing clothing for you! Photo by Kelsey Jenson Photography One of my favorite things about wearing vintage is that I can incorporate those pieces into my newer outfits! Whenever I buy clothing, new or old, I always as

A Few of My Favorite Things

I've had some fun lately going through my closet and finding pieces I've completely forgotten about because they get lost in my numerous racks of clothing 😆 This 1940's Cotton blouse below is from my FAVORITE vintage store in my home city of Fargo, ND called Revolver.  I've been shopping there since Middle School & I'm NEVER disappointed.  The owner Lucy was AMAZING and let me go through her backroom where she pulled this beauty with matching skirt.  Let's just take a moment to fully appreciate these buttons......I mean SERIOUSLY! The attention to detail and stunning construction makes this one of my favorites!  1940's Chartreuse Button Up via Revolver Fargo (also on Etsy) First off, let me preface this by saying I have an unhealthy obsession with vintage rhinestones and when that comes to life in the form of a tiara..... well I die.  This is one of the simpler ones that I own, but more practical for everyday wear... at least for me 😁 The dr